Old Dogs, New Tricks . . .


A week ago, my wife drove a golf-cart for the first time . . . and at first I was surprised by this, but once I thought about it: she's not a golfer and she never worked on a  golf course (and she's not retired and living in Florida) and so she never had any reason to drive one . . . on a similar note, this morning I did my first solo trip into the maw of an automatic car wash-- my wife was surprised at this but I was like: "when have I ever wanted a clean car?"-- but apparently if you go to the Glow Express before 10 AM, a basic wash is only seven bucks and the vacuums are free-- and my van really really needed to be vacuumed-- it was so full of sticks and leaves and wrappers and dirt and sand and mouldering substances that it actually might have been unhealthy to sit inside this vehicle with the windows up-- so now the car is clean and relatively debris free, but it's still got a "failed" inspection sticker on it-- and this isn't why I thought it would fail-- the shattered side view mirror-- it's because of the check engine light (which you can see in the car wash photo) which has been on for years (along with lots of other lights) and it seems that they care about this one at the DMV so my mechanic is going to try to fix the problem tomorrow-- we tried the reset and drive for fifty miles plan but that didn't work-- so cross your fingers for my van . . . it's got 172,000 miles on it and I'd like to make it to 300k . . . I want my next car to fly.

2 comments:

zman said...

I'm honestly stunned that in your 53 years of existence you've never been to a car wash. Next time bring your dog--when I was a kid we once went through the car wash with my grandmother's dog in the car and she shook herself off after we made it through despite the fact that she remained inside the car (and thus completely dry) for the entire experience. Your flying car will use more fossil fuels than your current car and you will perseverate on your carbon footprint. Get a PHEV instead.

Professor G. Truck said...

i've been to a car wash, just never solo. i will bring lola next time. seven bucks! cheaper than a matinee!

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.