We Defy Augury . . . Hamlet Style

Tennis season has really slowed down my podcasting output-- I am becoming downright Hamlet-like in my indecisiveness and aversion to action, but I managed to squeak out a new episode (although you might want to wait a day or two to listen because I forgot to include an audio clip so if I get motivated I'll wedge it in somewhere . . . one of the great things about podcasting is that you can go back and revise your audio for an episode) and one of the reasons I took so long is that this episode tackles some very complicated topics about belief, the morality of whistleblowing, and the existence of Deep State surveillance; it's called "Reality Loser" and it is based on thoughts (loosely) inspired by Kerry Howley's book Bottoms Up and The Devil Laughs: A Journey Through the Deep State and Jeff Sharlet's book The Undertow: Scenes from a Slow Civil War.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

...wherein Dave utters the words "Reading is for losers"

Whitney said...

regarding the In Search Of show theme

"...missing persons... and there's a lady and a plane..."

Didn't click right then? Amelia Earhart? Eh, made me laugh

Professor G. Truck said...

right after i said it, i realized it was amelia earhardt but i didn't want to go back and edit that because i was doing it over the music . . . i might revise it because i want to add one other thing

Professor G. Truck said...

did i say "reading is for losers"?

Whitney said...

You did. You were quoting or paraphrasing.

Professor G. Truck said...

oh right-- that's about trump

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.