Sandwich Choice

 Apparently, if your wife makes you a sandwich for lunch-- especially if she very rarely makes your lunch-- and then you go to work and your boss has purchased a spread of really really good sandwiches from the Italian deli in Middlesex (Sapore) and you make an executive decision and eat the better sandwich (actually sandwiches, I had two) then you should throw away the sandwich your wife made and never tell her you didn't eat it-- this is what my wife suggested when I told her the truth about the sandwiches-- as she was rightfully annoyed that she made lunch for me and I didn't eat it . . .  next time I will prevaricate and dispose of the evidence of my sandwich infidelity.

4 comments:

zman said...

I disagree, never lie to your wife about something as serious as sandwiches.

rob said...

or, and hear me out here, you could refrigerate the sandwich your wife made and eat it the next day.

zman said...

No self-respecting Jerzy guy eats a day-old sangwitch.

Professor G. Truck said...

i did refrigerate it, thinking i would eat it the next day-- but our boss bought so many really good sandwiches that i ate those the next day! and we got a free sandwich earlier in the week from central admin! nothing says teacher appreciation week like sandwiches . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.