Construction Raises Dave's Spirits (and Property Values)

 


I'm not sure if it was due to my persistent and eloquent emails to the County Parks Department, but construction is underway . . . they are finally resurfacing the tennis courts right next to my house-- and they are adding much needed pickle-ball courts as well . . . there aren't many pickle-ball courts in Middlesex County so this project is going to make the courts 100 yards from my house a real commodity-- and hopefully they will attract a decent pickle-ball scene (and I'm sure these courts will further assist my choice to phase out tennis-- I'm playing tennis today but I'm enjoying the fast-paces pick-up nature of pickle ball more and more). 

2 comments:

Whitney said...

A true non sequitur: Robert Smith said of his 1990's persona that was a bit of a stretched cliché of himself that “I was very easily seduced into playing a role. People were nudging me along and I ended up becoming something other people wanted me to be and getting gratification from the fact that other people were enjoying themselves because of it.”

This reminds me a whole lot of Dave's "extreme tequila phase" in college.

That is all. I just happened to be reading this quote now.

Professor G. Truck said...

yeah, extreme tequila was more of a shove than a nudge . . . but people certainly enjoyed it

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.