Put Your Money Where Your Feet Is

Yesterday, my son Ian's feet were all messed up from the previous day's tennis match-- blisters and couple of toenails that looked like they were ready to rip off, so I told him he needed to cut his toenails or they were going to get worse but he said he was too tired and that he would do it in the morning and I said, "No way you're doing that before school . . . I'll bet you ten dollars you don't cut them" and he accepted the bet and-- surprisingly, he cut them-- so I paid out the bet but I told him this was the last time I was paying him to cut his toenails . . . I really hope that's true.

4 comments:

rob said...

oh, man. you fell victim to the whitney's mullet okey-doke. that one's been on the books since 1988.

Professor G. Truck said...

did we pay whitney to get a mullet?

rob said...

whitney got his mom to give him money to get it cut

Whitney said...

I had totally forgotten about that

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.