Youngsters are Cute . . . But F%$% 'em

 


Youngsters ARE cute-- as evidenced by the baby raccoon that Lola and I saw cavorting in a tree at the park-- and they the future, of course, but I was still happy to see Novak Djokovic come back from two sets down against the young Jannik Sinner and watch Nadal finish off Taylor Fritz, who is more than ten years his junior . . . I've talked to quite a few people who are sick of seeing those old pros win over and over (with the possibility of a Federer return?) but I'm rooting for them-- because when they start losing, it means we're all that much closer to obscurity and death.

2 comments:

zman said...

I agree 100%. This is also why Tom Brady needs to keep playing.

Professor G. Truck said...

yup . . . i can even root for that douche now

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.