Impressive Stuff

Impressive amount of people at the Rutgers pool yesterday for Fourth of July; impressive amount of meats served, not so impressive performance by Alec and I in the balloon toss (I blame the overfilled balloon), very impressive amounts of lantern fly nymphs on the trees, tables, and one old guy; impressive amount of fireworks on display from Connell's back deck-- perhaps we could see displays from North Brunswick, South Brunswick, Milltown, Sayreville and Somerville but it was hard to tell . . . Cat and I returned home stuffed and tired and I was glad to get back to the routine today: I went to the gym, then biked to the pool-- which was empty-- did some laps, passed out on a lounge chair while reading my book, woke up and biked home (I don't understand how people bike enormous distances-- my butt hurts when I ride a few miles).

3 comments:

zman said...

Did the old guy want the lantern fly nymphs on him, or did he suddenly see he was lousy with them and exclaim "Oh! Loogit awl deez fuggin lannin fly nimps! I'm fuggin Lawdada Flize ovuh heyah!"

You should get one of those big beach cruiser bike seats.

Whitney said...

I tried to leave a clever comment 5 times but it keeps getting erased. Dave, do you have some kind of forcefield around the comments?

Whitney said...

The old guy was a lantern fly nymph0maniac


see if that works

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.