Rage, rage! Against the dying of the light!

My wife has banned me from ranting about Daylight Saving Time to her, so I'll do it here instead: New Jersey is experiencing the finest fall weather possible-- mid-60s and sunny and dry-- and this lovely sunlight has been stolen . . .. stolen! . . . by these bureaucratic time manipulators who need to justify their job by changing the clocks . . . I could be enjoying several hours of this beautiful weather after school lets out but because we decided to "fall back," now it gets dark at 4:30 PM . . . why? why? why not just leave the clocks on Daylight Saving Time, use lights in the morning, and enjoy tennis, hiking, dog-walking, etc. in the evening . . . this seems like a no-brainer-- plus we avoid the shitty feeling of feeling "off" because the clocks have been moved . . . I just don't get it.

7 comments:

zman said...

zwoman's dog is very off. When we sprang forward I explained the situation with our formerly agrarian economy to zdaughter and she said "Why don't the farmers just get up an hour earlier?"

Whitney said...

I so enjoy these rants. I have really come to expect them and actually wait for them eagerly.

rob said...

davelight screaming time, like the salmon returning to capistrano

Dave said...

my students get me (unlike my wife). my dog could care less. she's very flexible, aside from dinnertime. i'm waiting for my older son to get home so we can hit some tennis balls in the waning light. rage, rage against the dying of the light!

Whitney said...

Couldn’t care less

rob said...

that's not very nice, whitney

Dave said...

editing the comments? seriously?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.