I Like to READ Stories

Tomorrow is the 10th Annual Scary Story Contest and Stacey and I are still way over the word limit on our story and we are giving up and going to bed . . . we will finish this thing on the clock during school tomorrow-- and thus be professionally paid writers-- and I can't wait to get upstairs into bed and read my professionally written novel Countdown City . . . because I truly enjoy reading fiction far more than I enjoy writing it, and this stupid contest makes me appreciate the time, energy, logic, revision, editing, and passion that goes into writing a great book.

3 comments:

zman said...

Do you appreciate the time, energy, logic, revision, editing, and passion that goes into writing a great sentence?

rob said...

you and stacy went to bed together? that's the plot of a russo novel set in a small-town high school.

Dave said...

we gave up together and went to bed separately

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.