Hybrid . . . Ugh

I'm having a tough time selecting a hybrid bike (my bike got stolen) as I have to sift through a myriad of models and features and price points, and I'm also having a tough time with hybrid teaching-- I've gotten to the point (as have most teachers) where I genuinely loathe the virtual kids-- for various reasons, some founded and some unfounded: they don't turn their cameras on, they ghost, they lag, they restart their computers, it takes a million clicks to interact with them, there's no reason for them to be home anymore, they take forever to answer questions, they disappear, they don't give off any energy or body language . . . it's nice to have some kids in person, they're usually fun and energetic-- or at least annoying in the normal teenage ways-- but having kids in class makes it that much harder to care at all about the little student icons on the tiny laptop screen . . . it's time for this year (and hybrid instruction) to end.

2 comments:

zman said...

Just go the easy route: visit your local bike shop and get whatever they have in stock. Don’t make it needlessly difficult.

Dave said...

what?!! that's insane. what about research? components? disc brakes? front shocks? frame weights?

actually, that thought crossed my mind . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.