Nothing Is More Fascinating Than Yourself



Both my older son and my friend Ann were super-excited yesterday and their enthusiasm proved infectious; they were pumped for the annual Spotify wrap-up, something I never experienced-- and while it sounds pretty banal, it's a visual summary of your listening habits over the year, it's actually full of surprises . . . earlier in the year, I fell in love with the Yo La Tengo album "I Can Feel the Heart Beating as One" and it ended up dominating my 23,000 minutes of listening . . . I generally listen to The Grateful Dead and Jimmy McGriff when I need to unwind, and 2020 required a lot of unwinding (the older I het, the more I like The Dead) and The Talking Heads and Tom Petty are mainstays-- I think I will listen to them until my own final wrap-up (as a bonus to this ode to saccharine self-reflection, here's one of the first videos I made to send a message to my Creative Writing class-- in the height of the pandemic . . . before all the Zoom and Microsoft Teams and such).

 


4 comments:

zman said...

I know you and your kids watch Patriot Act, and I assume you saw the Supreme episode so you will appreciate how batshit crazy this is:

https://onlineonly.christies.com/s/behind-box-1994-2000/lots/1983?SortBy=HighEstimateLowToHigh&Page=1&PageSize=30&ShowAll=false

rob said...

some random bike knows about greg lemond. i find that hard to believe. i'm not doing this assignment.

Dave said...

that was pretty stream of consciousness . . .

Dave said...

alex is going to need that supreme skateboard

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.