It's Never To Late to Listen to Wonder

While I was hiking with the dog this morning (hiking with the dog, online chess, drinking beer, and indoor tennis are my go-to activities during this pandemic winter break) I learned something: 

I have not listened to nearly enough Stevie Wonder

and I learned this from an excellent podcast . . . Lost Notes:1980;

the host is poet and essayist Hanif Abdurraqib and in each episode, he takes a deep dive into something musical; the Stevie Wonder piece is excellent and the story of "Louie Louie" is mind-boggling-- I had no idea.

3 comments:

zman said...

You should read his book “Go Ahead In The Rain.”

Professor G. Truck said...

you read it? it sounds good . . .

Professor G. Truck said...

the library has it! hold placed

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.