Pandemic Planet (Fitness) Gets a Thumbs Down from Dave

I just took an early morning trip to Planet Fitness-- my first visit to the gym since early March-- and it wasn't much fun . . . working out in a mask is uncomfortable (even my fake flappy mask) and all the joys of the gym are gone-- I like to circuit train: move from machine to machine, station to station in a fast and chaotic fashion-- if I wipe the equipment down it's in a perfunctory manner . . . but if I'm on something for one set, then I usually don't wipe it down at all-- but now it seems like you are expected to wipe stuff down (or at least pretend to) and I also love when the gym is a bit crowded, there are people to look at-- cute women, fat people, ripped people, people doing weird exercises that you might want to emulate-- but it was fairly desolate this morning . . . so I froze my membership until December; judging by the rising case counts in New Jersey, gyms will probably be closed by then, making this decision much simpler (for a better-written version of this, head to Medium).

2 comments:

rob said...

in dave's fantasies, all of society's infrastructure exits, but he's the only human around to take advantage of it

Professor G. Truck said...

not true: i go to the gym to ogle women. so they need to be there too . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.