Dave Builds a Standing Desk


I built a standing desk in my post-apocalyptic hybrid classroom but I didn't really think about how it looked from an outside perspective . . . there's so few students coming in that I'm hardly concerned with appearances . . . in fact, I played tennis in between periods yesterday and though I was all sweaty and gross, I threw my slacks and work shirt back on-- there were only three kids in the room and I told them to keep their distance and while Microsoft Teams is CPU intensive, it still doesn't deliver quality smells to the audience-- so there's a general lack of concern for how things look in the building-- but then a fellow English teacher (who is home now in quarantine because she came in contact with a student who came in contact with a person with Covid) got a look at this disaster of a desk and she asked me if I had "built it out of objects I found in a landfill."

2 comments:

zman said...

I’m not sure you know what a standing desk is. Why you have there is a desk with a chunk of debris on it. That doesn’t count as a standing desk.

Dave said...

it makes me stand while i type stuff. and my desk is still standing, despite the chunk of debris on it. standing desk!

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.