Godzilla Movies Are Funny Because They Are Dubbed


Catherine and I started watching the Swedish vampire film Let the Right One In and it was dubbed, so after a moment I switched the audio to Swedish and put on the sub-titles; Catherine then called me "the most annoying person in the world," which I said was a little extreme, and then I told her that everyone switches from dubbing to sub-titles if it's available (except the Italians, who demand all movies be dubbed-- they can't stomach hearing any language but their own) and we made a ten dollar bet about what audio setting the person who recommended the movie used, so this sentence is TO BE CONTINUED (but I am correct, right-- no one listens to the dubbing, do they?)

10 comments:

eric said...

Sorry, Catherine...can't stand dubbed.

Dave said...

i took a vote in my first period class-- 12-5 for sub-titles.

Dave said...

just got an e-mail answer-- i won the ten dollars! if you're watching a swedish movie, you have to feel like you're living in sweden.

Al DePantsdowno said...

My wife will not watch a movie with subtitles.

hammarskjoldian said...

i have watched Ellen dubbed in Turkish, and I have to tell you - they just aren't getting the same experience as everyone else. very effeminate - not enough butch. the voice is never quite right when dubbed.

hammarskjolder said...

wow - i have watched rachel ray dubbed in Turkish, and you are right. she is way to butch and not feminine enough.

good thing we are at the same school next year and can talk about this next year. that will be great.

rob said...

dag.

zman said...

I rented "Let the Right One In" because the box said it was the best vampire movie of all time, and the movie was ok but not great. It probably is the best vampire movie I've ever seen, and I've concluded that being the best [fill the blank horror genre] movie ever is like being the world's tallest midget.

Dave said...

the ending makes up for some of the plot holes.

Reynolds said...

Dubbing is only good in old school Kung Fu movies.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.