Left Tackle Appreciation Day


One of the marks of a good book is how stupid it makes you feel, and The Blind Side: Evolution of A Game (by Michael Lewis, who also write Moneyball) did just that; I usually don't deign to read books about sports, but Malcolm Gladwell listed this as one of his ten favorite books and now I know why: all these years I had considered myself a football fan, but how could I have been a fan when I didn't understand how coveted, rare, highly paid, and important the left tackle is to the modern passing offense-- do you choose a left tackle (or even an offensive line?) in Fantasy Football?-- and not only does the book trace the rise of the left tackle (it all started with L.T.) but it also tells the fantastic story of a poor black kid from the west side of Memphis, who through extraordinary circumstances, escapes the derelict projects of Hurt Village.

3 comments:

rob said...

your faux elitism amuses me.

Dave said...

i fart in your general direction. your mother smells of elderberries.

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Well, I guess if Malcolm Gladwell says it's good, we should all just shit ourselves with amazement and drop everything to read a book about the pass rush.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.