This morning, just before first period, one of our co-workers thought she was having a heart attack; she was standing just outside the English Office (on the second floor) and she felt dizzy and weak, like she might pass out, and she looked very pale; and we learned that there was an inciting incident: before driving to school, she was checking something under the hood of her car, and she did not properly prop the hood stay, and so her hood slammed down and the hood stay poked her in the chest, and she was pretty freaked out about this because she thought the hood stay could have impaled her if she was standing a foot closer (but it did NOT impale her, she just had a red mark on her chest) and so Krystina and I got her into the elevator, which is right next to the English Office, in order to get her to the nurse's office, which is right below us, on the ground floor (but while we were going down int he elevator, the nurse came up the stairs, which was a bit farcical) and while we were in the elevator, I told her it was probably a panic attack due to her shock from the hood-stay incident, and I held her hand for a moment and using all my medical expertise, I determined that her hand was not clammy or cold, and I told her that this indicated that she was NOT having a heart attack, and she would be fine, though I clarified I was NOT a doctor and had very little medical training (First Aid and CPR) and by that time we were at the nurse's office, and it turned out she WAS fine, her vertigo and anxiety were caused by adrenaline from the hood stay incident, her blood pressure and pulse were normal, and the color returned to her face, and she managed to last through the school day.
2 comments:
Did she say that you're a beautiful man and thank you for your warmth and your compassion? Because I can think of no one warmer and and more compassionate than you.
there's a nurse in the elevator? is there a horse in the hospital?
Post a Comment