Dave and The Good Doctor Celebrate Yet Another Birthday With Some Doggerel Rhymes

The day has arrived,

the day of my birth--

The day Seuss and I

debuted on the Earth;


And while the good doctor

has passed from this place,

I'm still hanging on

still running the race,

still working the job,

still writing the posts,

still chasing the lob,

still taunting the ghosts--


I've been knocking around

for fifty-three years,

my knees are a wreck,

I can barely quaff beers--

but while I can walk,

stand and not fall,

I'll remain in the game

and play pickleball.

3 comments:

zman said...

Happy birthday. Keep droppin the hammer and grindin the gears.

rob said...

happiest, dave. there's never been anyone youer than you.

Professor G. Truck said...

thanks!

does that mean driving a stick shift poorly?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.