When Pigs Fly

I never listened to Pink Floyd's Animals enough-- perhaps because of the weird song lengths . . . 3 songs that are over ten minutes and two songs that are under two minutes-- but after a couple of listens, I think it's my favorite one . . . obviously Dark Side of the Moon is incredible, but I think I've listened to that one enough for several lifetimes; Animals is a bit like my favorite David Bowie album, Low-- both albums are heavy on musical interludes and instrumentals and light on lyrics, and the songs seem to have a more chaotic structure than you're typical verse-verse-chorus-bridge-verse.

4 comments:

Marls said...

Meddle

Whitney said...

I’ve listened to The Wall 1,000 times. Still love it.

zman said...

I'll check this out, one of these days.

Professor G. Truck said...

i do like meddle, but i always skip the first track. reflex. i like the fact that "animals" barely has any words to it-- it's like David bowie's "low"

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.