Highs and Lows


I was quite pleased with myself (for a few minutes) at indoor soccer this morning-- the first two games were zero-zero ties (no wonder Americans don't watch soccer) but in the third game, I scored two goals to give our team a definitive win . . . and the winning team stays on; in the next game I was trying to send a ball up the line, and I was near where we stash some of the stray gym equipment-- so after I kicked the ball, my foot connected with a protruding wheel on a volleyball net base-- OUCH!-- the sound resounded throughout the gym and I really nailed my big toe (and ripped my sneaker!) and then I was not so pleased with myself, although I was able to play a few more games (after I shook it off) and now my foot and toe hurt . . . stupid wheel.

4 comments:

zman said...

Dave wasn’t pleased with himself? A first!

rob said...

the wheel on the ground keeps on hurting

Marls said...

Actually, credit the wheel for staying out of the way in the earlier game. Without that, Dave’s goals would not have been possible. The wheel is clearly the MVP.

Professor G. Truck said...

very classy-- make light of me kicking a wheel attached to a very heavy base. my foot still hurts!

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.