Work: A Place Where They Enjoy Dave

When you take a little mid-week vacation, at home no one really misses you-- Catherine and Ian were mired in mid-week dilemmas and chores and didn't really want to hear about the fun (but disastrous on the weather side) trip Alex and I took . . . I just had to jump back into the routine-- cook, do the dishes, monitor homework and SAT prep, do laundry, help kids with their job interviews, etc-- but I will say when I returned to school this morning it was the opposite: Cunningham and Powers said there was no joy at school while I was gone and my students complained about how boring it was without me . . . so that Harold Kushner quip about how  “No one ever said on their deathbed 'I wish I'd spent more time at the office.' ” might be dead wrong.

No comments:

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.