75% Doesn't Cut It

Three out of four times I use the sink, I remember that we have no sink-head on the hose-- our head clogged and died a week ago and we are waiting for a new one from Grohe-- so you have to be VERY careful with the amount of water pressure you use and you have to hold the hose while you rinse dishes . . . if you forget this, you will suffer from some weird property of hydrodynamics; the sink hose turns into a fire hose and shoots a strong stream of water directly at your stomach and crotch, utterly soaking you and the kitchen floor and cabinet-- and while I have often remembered to grip the hose and use the water carefully, there are enough times when I forget (like two minutes ago or last night) and I absolutely soak myself, to my family's delight.

3 comments:

zman said...

Or you could shut off the valve between the hose and the water source.

rob said...

gripping the hose properly is an important skill

Professor G. Truck said...

we need to use the sink! so that's not an option. our cleaning lady's daughter just soaked herself-- we explained to the lady but not her daughter and she fell prey to the hose.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.