Thick Masks and Liquid Skin: More New Shit

     

Like many people, I'm struggling to adapt to the new pandemic world order-- but I'm doing my best to learn new tricks; for example, the new mask my wife bought me was a bit thick, so I used scissors to remove the extra layer . . . but I cut myself with the scissor (which makes me wonder if my tetanus vaccine is up-to-date) and the cut was on my guitar-playing/typing/poking-things finger and it made it difficult to do those tasks but wife recommended using some "liquid skin," a weird substance that reminds me of medical crazy glue . . . and while it works, it's one more thing to remember before heading to work-- I've raced back into the house in the morning for my phone, for a mask, for my coffee, for my lunch, for my backpack, for my loop pedal . . . and now I've raced back into the house to apply some "liquid skin" . . . this added excitement is one of the benefits of returning to in-person school.

2 comments:

rob said...

we're just supposed to look at that picture and not comment on the fact that dave made his mask less functional? go all the way, man - cut a big hole in it so you can eat while wearing it. remove the straps so you don't hurt your ears.

Dave said...

i've been wearing dysfunctional masks this entire pandemic . . . it's really hard to teach and wear glasses with a functional mask. i get my second shot on Sunday, then I'll cut a breathing hole in my mask . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.