Behind the Scenes?

The other day, I was explaining to my wife all the "behind-the-scenes" kind of stuff I do around the house to keep the show up-and-running . . . and while she had a good laugh about this, I was able to provide a couple of examples of these key-grip backstage-type chores:

1) I clean up the dogshit in the yard-- which is not an easy task when we've got so much snow and ice down on the ground-- and I also cover up the pee spots with fresh snow so that the view is pristine and snowy white when my wife looks out the window;

2) I frequently take out the trash and the recycling;

3) I tighten the cabinet door hinge screws, which seem to come loose every three days;

4) I make the coffee before she comes downstairs in the morning, and I often make her some afternoon coffee as well;

5) I put on music when we are preparing dinner;

6) I do the taxes;

7) I'm sure I do a bunch of other stuff as well-- stuff that's not as prominent and eye-catching as cooking a fantastic three-course meal or doing the grocery shopping or cleaning out the refrigerator . . . but don't you worry, I'm toiling away behind the scenes so that the house runs as smoothly as a seventeenth season Cats production.


No comments:

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.