Dave Returns (But He's Added an "S")

I'm back! while I'm glad I made an attempt to have a real website of my own, with independent hosting, I now know it's not for me.

It turns out Wordpress is incredibly powerful and customizable. It's also rather annoying. It loads really slow, and while I think there are some tweaks to make things faster, I don't feel like messing with it. The problem might also be Bluehost, which is really cheap but might also be really slow. It was easy enough to migrate posts back and forth, and while now I don't own my content, I can back it up when necessary. And I've given up on the privacy thing. I just got a real phone-- a Nokia 6.2!-- and I clicked bunch of things during the set up and I think all my information is everywhere. Why fight it?

Not only that, there are a bunch of footie blogs called "Park the Bus."

So I've added an "S" and this has given me the freedom to write multiple sentences. The power of the written word! The pen is mightier than the sword!

Hopefully Google will keep blogger updated. It loads and works so much faster than Wordpress, and now I know that's all I want out of a blog: convenience and easy posting. Tomorrow I'll write something more entertaining-- I still need to screw around with the layout and themes.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Way to misspell the phone, Luddite

Dave said...

you haven't heard about nokai?

and have you tried the loobster?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.