Dave's Half-Day Fashion Sense Might Be Half-Baked

This morning-- as a result of telling a co-worker that she was dressed like a real-estate agent-- I was forced to defend my fashion sense. I was wearing my usual black pants and gray golf shirt (unbuttoned, to show maximum gray chest hair).

But there was an unexpected wrinkle. Or perhaps several.

I'm proud to say that my fashion tactics totally blew Cunningham's mind. First we traded insults. I disparaged her ruffled brown and burgundy fall ensemble, and she proclaimed that I wore a similar outfit every day. I told her my outfit wasn't similar, it was the same. I was wearing the same clothes I had worn yesterday.

My reasoning was that Tuesday and Wednesday were both half days (because we have conferences in the evening). So I had only worn my clothes for half the time, so I had to double up. Not only did we have half days, but we were also in block scheduling, so I only saw half of my students each day. So they wouldn't realize I was wearing the same clothes. So it was only fair to my students, my clothes, and the environment that I wear these clothes a second time. None would be the wiser (except that I told everyone).

There was another problem I didn't anticipate. One of my students has me two periods a day, in the morning and the afternoon, so she saw me both Tuesday and today, wearing the same outfit.

I still think it's a legitimate reason to wear the same outfit two days in a row. 

Who am I trying to impress?

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Ridiculous

Rob said...

kinda like going all-in before the river in hold-em, i’m gonna comment before reading the post, based only on the headline: the phrase ‘Dave’s Fashion Sense’ is, at best, an oxymoron. At worst, a perversion of a once-great language.

yanmaneee said...

kyrie 6 shoes
adidas superstar
yeezy boost 350 v2
air jordans
supreme
100% real jordans for cheap
converse outlet store
yeezy supply
adidas yeezy
jordan shoes

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.