Second Hand News to Me

Fleetwood Mac is good music to listen to while driving to the beach, so I played "Rumours" for my kids earlier in the summer and then I played some of the songs on my guitar and I'm loath to admit that I recently learned that the lyrics to "I Don't Want Know"  are not "I don't want to know the reason why you love me" . . . they are the more inscrutable " I don't want to know the reasons why/ Love keeps right on walking on down the line" and now that I know, I can hear it but for the past thirty-five years, I've been singing it wrong (and I just asked my buddy Dom to sing the song and he got it wrong as well . . . so I told him the actual lyrics and we both decided that the internet is amazing).

1 comment:

Whitney said...

35 years? Are you pretending you're 42 or that you didn't hear it until 1983? Then again, the Dave I met in 1988 would never have deigned to listen to Fleetwood Mac. He would have mocked me for enjoying Rumours.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.