Game of Tools

I used five different tools for my gardening projects this weekend-- five!-- I wanted to remove an anemic weeping cherry tree from the ground and plant something new, and I wanted to transplant a fargesia clumping bamboo plant from one spot to another . . . here is my list of tools:

1) hedge clippers on the weeping cherry (because I couldn't get close enough to the tree to dig around it, so I had to clip off all the branches)

2) a pick-ax (to try to break up the soil and roots around the tree)

3) three different shovels . . . because I broke two of them trying to pry the bamboo plant out of the ground;

4) an ax . . . I couldn't cut through the weeping cherry roots with a shovel blade;

5) and the fifth tool, of course, is me!


No comments:

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.