The Most Annoying Thing I've Ever Said



 Before the words left my mouth, I knew I was crossing into shallow and pedantic territory . . . but I said it anyway; my colleague Stacey was describing the house she is attempting to purchase, and she mentioned that when it rains, water runs toward the house and collects near the foundation; as an experienced homeowner, I was required to say the obvious -- which is annoying enough -- but then I went beyond the pale . . . I told her: "Stacey, you know that water is the ultimate enemy of any house, but -- ironically -- humans need it to survive."

2 comments:

zman said...

She would've loved that line from Past Dave. A full head of hair bridges the gap between suave and sexy vs. shallow and pedantic.

Dave said...

it's sad how much hair in the right place can accomplish.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.