The Required Amount at the Prescribed Rate (Handcrafted From the Finest Corinthian Leather)
Dave ≠ Patience
I'm embarrassed to say that my wrist still hurts from an incident this summer-- and if there is such a thing as divine retribution for despicable behavior than it should still hurt . . . after an evening where everyone imbibed a fair bit, and my friend Rob imbibed a bit more than a fair bit, I lost patience waiting for him to exit our beach house, we were standing outside and we were supposed to be on our way to see the greatest cover band in the universe, and -- having just read Born to Run and being high on the merits of barefoot running, I said to Dom and Michelle, "I'll get him!" and took off at full speed in my crocs, which was fine for a hundred yards, until I hit a muddy patch of grass in between the sidewalk and our driveway (there was a flood that morning) and my legs flew into the air and my body plummeted and I fell back onto my wrist and it really hurt, despite the beer, and I also got soaked and coated in mud, and so when I ran into the house to tell Rob to get a move-on . . . and also to change my soiled clothes . . . he happened to be coming down the steps and so, in a fit of immature rage, I punched him in the stomach (with my bad wrist) and caught him in the diaphragm, knocking the wind out of him-- because he wasn't expecting it, of ocurse, because he had no idea what went down on the wet lawn and how enraged I was-- and though I apologized profusely, I still probably deserve the wrist pain for my impatience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.
4 comments:
You're just trying to break into the Top 20 Douches in Rock n Roll.
Perhaps you shouldn't wear crocs outside the house.
everyone at work loved that list.
i am higher on it than you (only because of my stint as a producer).
another person Dave has punched for a reason unbeknownst to the victim.
have you ever typed the word "unbeknownst"? it is quite strange.
also, i never really know where to put that question mark when i punctuate. i usually place it inside the quote, but today i dared to be different.
Post a Comment