The Required Amount at the Prescribed Rate (Handcrafted From the Finest Corinthian Leather)
Bubble, Bubble, My Arm is in Trouble
I've been using the patch of poison ivy on my forearm as a teaching aid (the threat is that if you get the answer wrong, I will make you look at the rash up close, but no one has been subjected to this torture . . . I guess the method works) and it started kind of gross and bubbly, but now it has crossed the line into full suppuration—I put my arm down on a napkin, and I left a wet mark, which is beyond gross and into the repugnant neighborhood, and the pus is matting my arm hair as well, and I can't stop looking at it, and in some strange way, I'm going to miss it when it's gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.
2 comments:
I knew your poison ivy was getting into the pus stages. Someone tried to tell me that you weren't to that point with it yet, but I insisted, writing to them that "Dave is very pussy." And I was right!
ha ha.
true story: yesterday we were reading "harlem" by langston hughes and the word "fester" is in the poem and i asked what it meant and the kids didn't know, so i just held up my arm and pointed to the poison ivy. visual aid!
Post a Comment