Real News and Fake Vacations


I took this picture with my phone a couple days ago when we were at the top of Okemo Mountain-- it was snowing and the conditions were beautiful-- and then I pressed a button and my phone sent it over to my blog, and let's be honest, the reason I did all this hard work was to contribute to your depression, because your spring break probably wasn't as glamorous and awesome as my spring break and now you're going to see this picture and feel really bad . . . of course, you could strike back with an even better picture of even cuter kids in an even more glamorous locale and then I'd feel depressed and we could go back and forth like this ad nauseum until we started creating "fake vacations," which appears to be easy enough to do (if you've got photoshop skills).

4 comments:

Marls said...

I’m interested by the skiing vs. snowboarding breakdown of family dave. I was talking to one of the business folks at Stratton and they said that Snowboarding was way down for them in the last few years. Apparently, kids are gravitating towards skiing because their parents are snowboarders and they they snowboarding isn’t cool.

Dave said...

my son alex is a skateboarder and surfer and he likes snowboarding. ian tried it for a year or two and then went back to skiing, which is definitely an easier way to get around the mountain. since we live in central jersey and very few of their friends do it, coolness has never been much of a factor, but i do see less snowboarders out on the mountain and many of them are around my age. really fun trip but i am sore.

zman said...

This post is Facebook in a nutshell and it's why I quit Facebook years ago.

Dave said...

me too . . . although some bot sends my blog posts over there so i can throw people into the throes of depression, thus lowering the curve and making my happiness more awesome.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.