Crazy Asians

On Saturday mornings at the park by my house, a bunch of older Asian guys play something that vaguely resembles basketball-- they position themselves around the court more like they are playing soccer or hockey, and they tend to chuck long passes and dribble wildly and shoot on the move-- and this Saturday, as I rode by, my dog trucking along by my side, I kept hearing a weird tweeting sound-- and so I stopped to investigate, and I noticed a guy with a whistle, zealously refereeing the game, which looked ridiculous, of course, but in retrospect, it's not a bad idea and certainly some of the pick-up games I've played in could have used an Asian guy with a whistle.

2 comments:

Squeaky said...

This reminds me of a Nicks game. It couldn't be a practice because there was no such thing for the Nicks.

Dave said...

it was very nicks . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.