Put Those Clementines Down!

I was spacing out in line in the grocery store, cradling a box of clementines in my arm, and I guess this bothered the old woman in front of me-- though she had put her items down, she was apparently bothered by the fact that I wouldn't put mine down, the fact that I was awkwardly holding the box instead of placing it on the conveyor belt-- because she turned and said, "You can put them down now-- put them down!" and pointed to the empty spot on the conveyor belt . . . and I took one look at her and put them down.

2 comments:

Al DePantsdowno said...

Happy belated anniversary. Apparently the woman in line didn't know it was such a special day for you.

Dave said...

best comment of the year.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.