You Won't Like Me When I'm Angry

King of Kong joins Hoosiers, Billy Elliot and Rescue Dawn as movies that have gotten me choked up and teary eyed-- but King of Kong (a documentary about a rivalry between world class Donkey King players) is almost too archetypal to be real, and I wonder how they got such great footage of Billy Mitchell-- the Darth Vader of the film-- because he came off as so enigmatic and secretive . . . I hope I'm not being manipulated by the film, because that wouldn't make me weepy, it would make me angry . . . very angry . . . and I'm trying to control my temper, though that's hard during the summer, since I spend all day with my kids-- and the only thing they respond to is anger-- but I'm trying to be a good model for my son Alex, who now talks about his anger in the third person-- e.g. this morning, after Ian destroyed his Lego spaceship Alex said, "I'm getting my anger, I think in a second I'm going to have my anger, my anger is coming" and then, as he predicted, it did.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best Movie Ever!

Billy Mitchell is a ridiculous human being.

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

"I bet some people ruin their lives to get into that book". Steve Wiebe's 7 year old daughter on his quest to get into the Guiness Book of World Records.

Greg said...

Everybody in King of Kong is a loser. Especially that guy who watches tapes of people's video games to verify their scores. (Just got done with an eight hour "Nibbler" session).

Dave said...

it's true-- but steve wiebe is a loser you can get into rooting for, my wife-- who has never played a video game in her life-- was watchign it like it was the superbowl . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.