I Behave In A Mature Manner

Despite the fact that Catherine and I have been arguing about the merits of my push lawn-mower-- she claims my beloved push-mower doesn't really cut the lawn-- this morning when I read in Wired that a gasoline-powered mower emits eleven times more pollution than an automobile-- get this-- I didn't even mention it to her . . . I made a very mature executive decision not to open that can of worms on a peaceful Saturday morning while we were drinking our coffee (but I can't promise that I won't mention the fact at a later date).

3 comments:

Whitney said...

We had one of those push mowers when we lived in that row house in DC. We had a patch of grass that was about 8' x 10' and it took 20 minutes to cut it with the push mower. I actually tried using hedge clippers one time instead, and it was a close call which took longer. I am glad you are making the green choice, but prepare yourself for a quite a chore.

celine said...

if you live in HP, you have to stick with the push mower or they might kick you out.

Dave said...

it seems that catherine and her mom conspired behind my back, and she circumvented buying a gas mower-- now they are going to pay some guy to mow it every two weeks, and i can "trim" it with my mower . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.