Altercation at the Tennis Court!

My buddy Cob and I went to play tennis this morning at Johnson Park, and the girl's tennis team was practicing-- taking up a few courts-- and then some older ladies were playing doubles on two of the four remaining courts . . . so we walked over to the far court and one of the older ladies ran onto it and said, "we have this court reserved-- some of our friends are coming at 10" and it was ten after nine and so I told her:

1) this is a public park and the courts are first come first serve;

2) you can't "reserve" courts unless you have a park permit . . . like the tennis team;

and she got very sassy with me and said that she was going to stand on the court and play singles with her friend-- even though all these people do is play very bad old people doubles and I dismissed her and told her to stop being absurd and that I was the varsity tennis coach and knew how the courts worked-- and she said, "well you don't know who I am!" and I said, "No I don't, but I'm telling you who I am" and I told her my name and my position with the school and told her this wasn't like a parking space where you could stand in it for fifty-minutes to hold it for some friends (though I doubt the legality of that move as well) and then Cob and I started warming up and the ladies went back to their doubles game, this lady muttering stuff, and it turned out that more people never showed up and the three courts were plenty for them and then she came over and apologized and told me that I was right and she was wrong and that she was a territorial old bitch . . . NOT . . . despite the fact that they didn't need the court and they all stopped playing before Cob and I because it was hot, she did NOT apologize for her juvenile behavior . . . so obnoxious.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Nice use of NOT. Wayne’s World retro.

zman said...

Fortunately Dave never engages in juvenile behavior and he always apologizes whenever he does something stupid.

Professor G. Truck said...

if I'm totally out of line, I apologize (although sometimes i take it back)

https://sentenceofdave.blogspot.com/2021/11/sometimes-cookie-is-more-than-cookie.html

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.