Duh

My son Alex solved an easy version of this famous riddle today: Alex wanted to go to tennis practice early to practice his kick serve with his friend, but he usually drives his brother Ian-- but Ian wasn't home from school yet (Ian goes in-person, Alex is still remote) so Alex was going to ride his bike to the park but bring his set of keys to the van and I was going to drive Ian to the park and put MY bike in the back of the van-- so then when I got to the park, I could bike home and then Alex could throw his bike in the back of the van and drive himself, his bike and Ian home . . . but then Alex thought of an easier way; Alex rode MY bike to the park, then I drove Ian to the park, then I got on my bike and rode it home.

2 comments:

zman said...

I thought the end of this sentence would involve a time machine where Alex's double would drop the car off while Alex was in the box.

Dave said...

so you've seen primer . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.