Attention Governor Murphy! Try Rollerblading Down My Street Now That the Parks are Closed!

While I empathize and understand that Governor Murphy is dealing with an incredible crisis right now, I don't think closing down all the parks is having the desired effect. Instead of keeping people farther apart, closing the parks is packing them closer together.

My street-- which is adjacent to Donaldson Park-- has now BECOME the park. It's packed (and much narrower than Donaldson Park). I shot some video while I was rollerblading down the hill next to the park. If I was a decent cinematographer, you'd be able to tell how packed my street is-- with walkers, joggers, bikers, and occasional cars.

But due to some lousy camerawork, you might throw up. Fair warning. It's the Blair Witch Project of quarantine rollerblading video.



Despite the unsteady hand of the auteur, I still think this film proves my point. 

Governor Murphy, open the parks (and close Wal-Mart . . . every time I drive by, that place is packed).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Due to the number of participants in the genre, it's also the Citizen Kane of quarantine rollerblading video.

Dave said...

sometimes you've just got to get there first.

rob said...

was that a subtle fred sanford reference at the beginning of the video?

Dave said...

no. i can't think subtle thoughts when I'm going down a crowded hill on my new, fast rollerblades.

00stoll said...

You know what the hardest thing about roller blading is, right?

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.