You're Telling ME to Wear Sneakers?


So I walk into LA Fitness and the mousy girl working the desk-- if she had handles I could have dead-lifted her-- tells me I can't work out while wearing sandals . . . though I've been working out at LA Fitness for five years now while wearing sandals, as they are convenient foot-wear if you also want to swim or shower after you lift (plus I have a problem getting socks on my feet when it's humid, probably due to their hairiness) but she's insisting that I can't wear an "open toed shoe" while I lift weights, so I ask her about Crocs-- which are not technically open-toed-- and she considers this back-talk and says, "You want support when you work-out, so wear sneakers . . . okay?" and I'm about to get into the whole barefoot running thing and how I DON'T want support when I work out and how I often shoot baskets on their court barefoot, but I decide it's not worth it . . . and, finally, she did allow me on the floor with my sandals . . . but I had to promise that next time I would wear sneakers . . . and now I'm seriously considering getting some of those Vibram Five Fingers minimalist running shoes just to fuck with her.

9 comments:

T.J. said...

You had me at "LA Fitness"...

Jason Elliott said...

What are doing in L.A.?

Dave said...

worst joke ever.

C'est Moi said...

slip a pair of socks over your sandals and call it a day. If it makes you feel better, a teen mom at the Garden State Plaza food court chastised me for ordering a Sprite yesterday. I told her that I gave up vodka in exchange for a non-caffeinated, full sugar soda every now and again but I should've said that if she'll stop having pre-marital sex, I'll stop drinking Sprite.

Clarence said...

What the hell is wrong with Sprite? What, she's got some problem with Lymon, the great taste of Lemon and Lime fused together??

It's cheaper than condoms . . . but she already knew that.

Greg said...

I spent last night at a seedy gin-joint, bragging about the intellectual density of my books...Gaddis, Pynchon, Fabio

rob said...

i believe it's spelled limon. lymon was a bostock.

Dave said...

can a fetus get a cavity if the mom drinks sprite?

zbsports said...

No doubt vibram five finger shoes is comfortable and flexible on foot. I tested it many times and I was amazed to its performance. This is a great running shoes.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.