12/14/2009


One of those magic moments with my son that makes all the fecal accidents , loss of sleep, stubbed toes on stray toys, time, money, and struggles with car seats worth it: I was playing that old song "End of the World" (why does the sun go on shining . . . why does the sea rush to shore . . . don't they know, it's the end of the world because you don't love me anymore-- bonus points if you can name who originally sang it) and the song is slow enough and the lyrics are simple enough that Alex started singing along while he was playing with his Legos and after two repetitions he had them memorized (remember when your brain actually worked?) and so he came over next to me (I was reading the lyrics and chords on the computer in the kitchen) and started singing along, so I turned on the i Mac's microphone on the and captured an impromptu duet with with him . . . but I hope he doesn't start singing the song at school because it is really, really a bleak tune.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Dave, I think you're being a bit melodramatic. So I don't comment on your blog or call you for a couple of weeks. Let's not jump to such dreary conclusions, okay?

Dave said...

i was thinking more along the lines of "it's the end of the world as we know it (and i feel fine)" in regards to that.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.