6/16/2009


The day after Ian's chaotic, rainy birthday party, I got the award for worst neighbor on the block-- but what could I do?-- I had to return the bouncy castle to the sketchy amusement place I rented it from so I could get my 100 dollar deposit back, and it was soaking wet from the rain: so I inflated it at seven in the morning (and the generator makes quite a bit of noise) and then tried to dry it with the leaf blower (which makes even more noise) and then the boys got inside and bounced around with some towels, but it was still wet, heavy, and really hard roll up and get back into the Jeep . . . I'm sure my neighbors were quite pleased when I drove away.

6 comments:

Squeaky said...

And you probably mow your lawn at 6AM as well. Which is just plain wrong.

Dave said...

i DO mow my lawn at 6 AM, but it doesn't make a sound because i am a good citizen who uses a push mower: no noise or gas pollution.

eric said...

I know I was trying to come up with an urban legend a couple of weeks ago, but my search for a suburban legend ends with you.

Dave said...

the leaf blower man.

Al DePantsdowno said...

I'm sure they'll just add this to the list of annoying things you do to them. Like leave your garbage cans out at the street all week or not pickup the free papers at the end of your driveway because you didn't ask for them.

dave's neighbor said...

i will be hiding in the trunk of your jeep with a snow blower. expect it when you least expect it.

(like when you are 7 months pregnant)

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.