6/12/2009


One thing is for certain: I would make a great detective . . . let me give you an example: on Wednesday, June 10th at 12;55 PM, I walked into the school cafeteria and immediately noticed something odd-- the place reeked of smoked meat-- and so I verified this sensory impression with another teacher, and then, just to be certain, I verified it again with a student; all agreed, the cafeteria smelled like someone was jerking beef; then, out of the blue, just minutes later, my mind, the steel trap that it is, solved the case-- I remembered that earlier in the day, in fact, five periods earlier, a student informed me that the ceramic class was doing their annual outdoor firing project, they kiln pots in open fires, and this year they were doing it in a new location, out back behind the cafeteria . . . case closed!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I always figured the Sentence that contained "someone was jerking beef" would be a whole lot more interesting that this one.

Dave said...

figures-- considering your interest in jerked beef.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.