Why Whisper When you Can Holler?


Last night, our next door neighbors went out for the evening and in the mad rush (they have five kids) they left their dog out and he was barking incessantly while Catherine and the kids were trying to fall asleep, so I opened the window and yelled "Colby, stop it!" and, unlike my children, he actually listened . . . so I'm thinking I could star in a TV show called The Dog Hollerer (and in addition, an hour later, when he started to yelp again, I opened our bathroom window to use my hollering skills once more, but he shut up at the sound of the window opening so I've definitely got some kind of special power here).

7 comments:

JMarino27 said...

I have the same problem with my neighbor's dog, but I handle the situation a bit differently. Let's just say the name of my show would be "The Dog Tranquilizer". Blow darts have surprising range.

Whitney said...

I think The Dog Yeller just might be confused with a certain book/movie of some acclaim.

The Dog Hollerer sounds good because it flows like "whisperer" and because it kind of sounds like "dog collar".

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Not sure what you're talking about, whit-- I DID write "the dog hollerer" and it's a much better title than "the dog yeller." what are you insinuating?

Whitney said...

You would have thrived in Nazi Germany with such revisionist history. Except that your swarthiness might have meant your demise.

Dave said...

it's so tempting to delete ALL the comments, just so i can steal the credit for "the dog hollerer." now i know why stalin was always smiling.

celine said...

he would have had a great blog.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.