Two For One Pizza: Sounds Like A Good Idea, Right?

A fond memory: Aposto's, the narrow Italian bistro where we ate the other night, was once a far grubbier pizza joint called 2 For 1 Pizza, and the deal was this: when you ordered one pie, you got two pies for the price of that one-- in theory this was a good deal, but the same absurd dialog comprised every order . . . I'll take two pies . . . okay boss, two pies . . . so that means four pies? . . . you want four pies? . . . no, no, because then I'll get eight pies, right? . . . you want eight pies? . . . no I want four pies . . . okay, four pies . . . yes, so I'm only ordering two pies, so I get two for one, like the name, right . . . yes, then you get four pies . . . okay, just ring up two pies, okay . . . okay . . . okay . . . okay . . . just to be sure, I'm going to walk out of here with four pizza pies, right? . . . right . . . okay . . . right . . . okay.

3 comments:

Hey Guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zman said...

I tried to order a pie with pepperoni from College Delly when I was a freshman. They said "we don't sell pies." But they did sell pizzas.

Dave said...

i ran into the same problem my freshman year while on the phone ordering Dominoes.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.