The End is Nigh, The Rest is Silence

I've been working like a dog every morning, for hours at a time, and I'm damned close to finishing my Hamlet podcast . . . and bringing this thing to an end is difficult and it's freaking me out.

4 comments:

rob said...

comment on the previous post ahead.

when i was 25 or so, i was proscribed oxycontin after surgery to reattach the tendon of my middle finger, which i'd injured playing goalkeeper in indoor soccer. i took a pill and had a beer. i was fucking flying.

all the next day at work, i looked forward to the evening so i could do it again.

when i got home, i flushed those pills down the drain. it's no stretch at all for me to understand how people get addicted to that shit.

Dave said...

i got some for a root canal around then, but i was a little more pragmatic. i took one, was like "wow, these are great!" and then i saved them, and occasionally took one when i played soccer too hard. i think i could enjoy them on a semi-regular basis without getting addicted (famous last words)

Whitney said...

Can’t wait for the finale!! I’m more excited than I am for the final episode of Cape Fear!
Keep plugging away…

Dave G. Truck said...

is cape fear any good? didn't think it oculd compare to the movie . . .

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.