Dave Fixes His Car! With Tape!

Before




If you've been following my life lately (which you should) then you know that I tore a hole in the side panel of my Toyota Sienna; I caught the lip of a guardrail while trying to squeeze out of a tiny parking lot adjacent to the Landing Lane Bridge (and I was in this lot for good reason: I was going for a run with the dog on the towpath, and this lot has the quickest access to the path . . . if you park in the lot on the other side of the bridge, in Johnson Park, then you have to walk across the bridge and the bridge walkway is covered with glass shards, so I was worried about my dog's paws) but I got some Auto Body Repair Tape (eleven dollars on Amazon) and my van is as good as new.



After!

7 comments:

zman said...

Did you tape up the back side too so it doesn't rust out? Where is the wheel cover for your front drivers side wheel? And why is that wheel so rusty?

rob said...

this post hurts zman, dave. deeply.

Dave said...

the dark side of the van? what? i lost the wheel cover at some point because I am so bad at parking, i always scrape the wheels on the curb. usually i find the cover and reattach it but one time i didn't. you wouldn't believe how many scratches i have, but i put some of the tape over a rust spot on the roof and i also taped the hole where my passenger side window cleaning spigot once was-- i don't know where that is. and you don't want to see the interior . . .

Dave said...

maybe i should put some tape on the rusty wheel cover.

zman said...

That photo on top doesn't hurt you at all rob?

zman said...

Upon further review is that the rear passenger wheel? Either way ... treat your car better!

Dave said...

i'm actually a great car-treater. i change the oil, get tune-ups, and have an excellent relationship with my mechanic. an excellent relationship (but he hasn't seen the tape job yet).

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.