1) it seems like everyone in the general public who has heard of Sleater-Kinney really likes their new album, but I find it kind of grating;
2) the general public is fond of skinny jeans, but I prefer them a bit baggier;
3) the general public seems to really enjoy seasonal decorations, and I think they're a hassle;
4) the general public likes cars with hubcaps, but I don't really care one way or the other (and I tend to lose them because I'm an awful parallel parker);
5) the general public couldn't give a shit how they use "lie" and "lay" but I like to use them properly;
6) and finally, the general public likes to dance at weddings, but I don't know what to do with my hands (or my feet).