Nerding It Up (German Style)

My family has outstripped Monopoly . . . the house we rent in Vermont has the German board game Settlers of Catan, and while last spring when we didn't have the fortitude to figure out the rules (despite the fact that I had only heard rave reviews about the game) this time the boys and I were determined, and we attacked the game with blitzkrieg furor, and learned as we went, and we all decided that it may be the best game ever (and we even taught mom!) and Catan certainly rivals RISK (while being more cooperative, fun, strategic, random and tactical than the "game" of world domination) and now my kids want it for Christmas, and I want it too . . . but I am wondering if this will send them down a scary path of cardboard chits, lead figurines, multi-sided dice, and larping conventions.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the hat, looks good on you

zman said...

Someday, if you're lucky, maybe one of your kids will be a multiclass character.

Dave said...

i've got lots of dexterity but no charisma.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.