Spooky Serendipity

I finished Henry James' ambiguously supernatural novel Turn of the Screw Sunday morning and not an hour later, while walking back from our secret salamander spot, my son Ian -- unprompted -- told me that "the boy's bathroom at school is haunted" and then he explained that while he was going to the bathroom, the door inexplicably locked of its own volition and that this "happened to another boy," and so I asked him my favorite question (Do you believe in ghosts?) and he said, "not really" and I said that I felt the same, and suggested that maybe it was the wind that locked the bathroom door, and he countered, "How could wind get inside a building?"

2 comments:

Clarence said...

How many more "my kids are precocious" posts do we have to read before we get another "Awkward Dave" one?

Dave said...

a lot.graceful dave is on a roll.

A New Sentence Every Day, Hand Crafted from the Finest Corinthian Leather.